Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Art Journal

I was inspired to make an art journal from some beautiful art books my mom got from the library that were brimming with creativity and inspirational ideas. So when I got a moleskin journal for Christmas (from my lovely mother who had overheard me talking about creating an art journal), I started experimenting with ideas and mediums to create different pieces. So here they are :).

I wrote random words and the first verse of the Battle Hymn of the Republic with a calligraphy pen and glopped on pieces of of colored tissue paper. I also brushed water color over it, then drew with fine-tip pens on top of that. I tried putting gold metallic ink on it, but that just ended up looking like water color. Ah, well.

Vintage key

I am a Christian :)

Doesn't the bird and the tree fit perfectly? I didn't even mean for that to happen!

Journal page # 2. I layered pieces of newspaper I ripped from the obituary (haha I'm so morbid) section of the newspaper and layered them down with this artist gel medium. Wow, I sound so technical! Ahaha. Anyways, then I just painted the face and the words on with black acrylic paint. It was fun :)

I just wrote whatever words came to mind when I looked at the girl's face.

Both Pages.


I have finished pages 3 and 4, I just need to take good pictures of them and get them up here, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! You really inspire me, I am thinking of doing my own are journal. Good job man! Oh and guess what? Today is my birthday! I am now 20! Scary hu? Haha anyways I can't wait to see the rest of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* You are OLD now!!!! :D
    Happy birthday! And guess what yourself? Today is my younger sister's birthday!! She's turned 15! How crazy is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I am soooooooo old! I am going to need a walker any day now. LOL! Wow cool, happy birthday to her! I have two friends who have the same b.day as me. One is turning 17 and the other one is turning 1. lol It is crazy! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! are you an art student?? moleskins are uber cool, i wanna get them and create art journals too!

    ReplyDelete