Sunday, January 9, 2011

More Art Journal!

Here are my promised photos of pages 3 and 4. Hope you enjoy!

This is the third page of my art book. I copied a page from a flower coloring book and painted over it with blue acrylic. After it dried, I used a razor (it looks like a pencil with a razor blade at the end) to cut out different parts of the flowers. I then ripped off the sides of the coloring page and glued it to the third page of the journal. I had previously used a paintbrush with ink to darken the background. Once I had glued the flower paper paper and its description on, I colored some line inside the cutouts with a blue-ink pen.

Up close.






This is the fourth page. I wanted to draw something pretty simplistic and I had an idea of a robot-type thing, and this is what it ended up as. I really like how it came out!
I glued a square of foil in the middle of the page and just used a pen to draw around it.

Don't you just love his face? He looks like he isn't sure what to do, now that there are little birds nesting on his head! I also love how the mama bird has her eye shut in perfect contentedness.

Robot legs :)

The flower one was interesting to do, and I really love my robot! Think I should name him?
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That first page (page 3) is AWESOME!!!!! I love the way you did it, it is simply gorgeous! I am seriously going to do my own art journal, you are really inspiring me. :)
    I love the robot, he is sooooo CUTE! I think a good name for him is Seto. He reminds me of a robot from a anime called Castle in the Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to get a nice one, any blank sketchpad will do, but the higher quality ones will definitely be worth the extra price. And be creative! Fill it with ideas, random scribbles, you can even write in it. Let it be your idea book :)

    ReplyDelete