Thursday, January 13, 2011

Four Wheels and Hot Pink Gloves

So two days ago (I'm a bit behind on blogging, sorry!) my friend Emily texted me asking if I would like to go quading. Would I like to go quading!!!??? Yes, I would!!! I've never gone before and I've wanted to for a while. I've gone dirt-bike riding and I loved it, so I figured I would love quading as well. There is something about speed and immense power you control as you roar over the ground that just appeals to every bit of my senses...maybe I'm just adrenaline junkie, who knows ;).
   
My friend lives out on a farm with llamas and donkeys in the front pastures and vineyards in the back with plenty of room to zoom around on the quads. She had cautioned me to dress warmly and to expect to get dirty as the quads kick up quite a lot of mud!  At first I was a pretty cautious; after all, I've never gone before and I did NOT want my first time to end as a disaster, but as I got used to it, I started speeding up and really getting into it.
   
Imagine: a roaring machine underneath you, kicking up globs of mud as you speed down a dirt track! Emily taught me to do donuts (!!!) and soon I felt like I could go quading forever! Of course we didn't, we eventually went inside and played Wii Fit for the rest of the afternoon (which is amazing, I might add) but the feeling remained. The best part of quading? The hot pink John Deere gloves she gave me to use. I'm usually not a big fan of pink, but it somehow seemed fitting. It was a touch of femininity in the adrenaline-filled, speed-demon and mud-track world of quads that assured me that girls have a place in that world too.

Have a lovely day,
Cheers!

P.S. Sorry for no pictures, it's just sort of hard to take a camera out there.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! And hot pink gloves <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD YOUR FRIEND HAS LLAMAS AND DONKEYS?! YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW AWESOME I THINK THAT IS AHHHH.

    okay, I need to stop shouting. That sounds like a ridiculously fun time. I love quaddds. I feel so hardcore, haha.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I live in a place where our next-door neighbors have goats, and we have chickens ourselves, and everybody around us has horses and cows so I'm kind of used to it...but yes, it is pretty awesome :).

    ReplyDelete