Thursday, December 16, 2010

Doesn't Take Much To Crush A Day

So I'm going to a community college and that means I have to sign up for all of my classes, figure out my own schedule and other fun stuff like that. I'm also a freshmen going on my second semester. With lots of inexperience. Sigh...in other words, I just found out today that my carefully planned out schedule which I completed on the first day I was able to do so, after many hours of meticulous labor (with a few minutes of Facebook in between) has all been thrown to the winds by an overlooked mistake. I had signed up for classes online and while I added classes to my shopping cart, I did NOT actually complete the steps to enroll in them. Sigh again. I have now enrolled in them, actually ENROLLED, and I am on the waiting list for all but one. (Although you aren't technically considered enrolled until you pay for them but that's a different story.) The one class I wasn't able to get into is all the more disappointing because it has been open at the time I supposedly enrolled in it. I sent the teacher a polite, but desperate (haha) message, so please pray I'll be able to get in. I did want to go hide in a dark gloomy corner and whimper while listening to Gregorian chants and wearing black mourning clothes, but since then, I have comforted myself with my Mom's homemade, broccoli and cheese cream soup which is perfect for a chilly day and cheering up teenage sob stories.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so sorry. Well it always good to remember that "failure is always a option."
    I hope things go well and I wish you the best of luck! I am glad you are not going to be a nun or somthing like that. lol Your mom's soup sounds good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I'm not sure that saying makes me feel better but thanks =) And the soup is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I keep changing my name just to see what it's like. But I think I'm keeping Drifter =)

    ReplyDelete